Jeremy P. Wasmuth, B. Comm., AACI, P.App
Academic Qualifications and Continuing Professional Development (CPD)
- Northern Alberta Institute of Technology, 2000, Forest Technology Diploma with Distinction
- Bachelor of Commerce (Marketing Major/Business Law Minor), University of Alberta, 2005
- Post Graduate Certificate in Valuation, University of British Columbia, 2011
- Designated Member of the Appraisal Institute of Canada, AACI, P.App, 2013
Other Professional Endeavors:
- Northern Alberta Risk and Insurance Management Society (NARIMS) Corporate Member, 2005
- Northern Alberta Canadian Condominium Institute Director, 2006-2007
- Member of the International Right of Way Association (IR/WA), 2013
Senior Real Estate Appraiser,
Canadian Resource Valuation Group Inc. (2011-Present)
- Conducting and authoring agricultural/commercial real estate appraisals, real property statistical market studies, loss of use economic studies, replacement cost studies, right of way valuations and litigation support appraisals.
- Presenting final studies to stakeholders (i.e. Government of Canada, oil and gas executives and land owners).
- Mentoring associates.
Senior Real Estate Consultant,
Frost & Associates Realty Services Inc. (2010-2011)
- Conducting and authoring agricultural, commercial, recreational and industrial real estate appraisals. Also specializing in replacement cost (insurance) appraisals and litigation support valuations.
Business Development Manager,
Suncorp Valuations Ltd. (2005 to 2010)
- Marketing, strategic planning, contract development and negotiation for the purposes of providing valuation services to assorted private and public entity clientele. Primary focus being the provision of real estate valuations for international insurance firms, provincial and local governments, property management companies, investment funds, utility companies and global industrial firms.
- Developing regional budgets and strategic plans. Strategic planning included developing relationships with construction company executives, local contractors and other valuation professionals (i.e. quantity surveyors, estimators, engineers, suppliers and local appraisers).
- Implementing quality control review processes for business procedures inclusive of responding to client questions or concerns.
- Supervision of Edmonton Office staff and a network of regional appraisers.
- Attending and preparing for all Alberta Region marketing related events such as tradeshows, conventions and client meetings. This included presentation of marketing materials, industry educational tutorials and report conclusions.
J.J.A.C Investments Ltd. (2005 to Present)
Executive board position with real estate Investment Company, which specializes in identifying and acquiring under valued properties. Duties include:
- Evaluating and acquiring J.J.A.C real estate properties.
- Drafting and reviewing purchase contracts, contractor quotes and material quotes.
- Cost analysis of development projects completed by J.J.A.C. Development portfolio to date includes single family residential and executive recreation properties.
- Implementation of sale strategies for completed projects inclusive of sale negotiations, corporate tax reduction planning, shareholder dividend policies and consortium profit sharing divisions.
- Completed appraisals involving roadway rights of way for highway realignment & improvements; estimating market value, severance damage, injurious affection and incidental damages per the Alberta Expropriation Act.
- Completed replacement cost valuations for commercial, industrial and agricultural properties for the purposes of insurance placement and dispute resolution.
- Completed market analyses, current and retrospective market value appraisals of agricultural, future urban development, highway commercial/industrial, recreational and country residential properties throughout Alberta, British Columbia, Manitoba and Saskatchewan.
- Completed market analyses, current and retrospective market value appraisals along major pipeline right of way routes throughout Alberta, British Columbia, Manitoba and Saskatchewan.
First Nation Land Claim and Treaty Assessments
- Assisted with an assessment of loss of income from agricultural and recreational lands, extending over a period of ±100 years as a result of an alleged unlawful surrender of lands, as well as inadequate provision of exchange lands of a First Nation in northern Ontario.