Trevor J. Sheehan, B.Sc. (Agr.), P.Ag, Candidate AIC Member
Academic Qualifications and Continuing Professional Development
- Currently enrolled in the Appraisal Institute of Canada’s Educational Program through the University of British Columbia to obtain the AACI designation
- B.Sc. in Agriculture with Distinction, University of Alberta, 2009
- Professional Agrologist (P. Ag), Alberta Institute of Agrologists, 2013
- High School Diploma, Sturgeon Composite, Namao, Alberta, 2003
- Maintain the Continuing Professional Development (CPD) requirements of the AIA
- Attended numerous professional development seminars and conferences
Professional Institute and Association Memberships/Licenses:
- Alberta Institute of Agrologists (P. Ag.)
- Appraisal Institute of Canada (Candidate Member)
- Real Estate Council of Alberta
Career & Practical Experience:
Feb 2013 to Present:
Consultant, Canadian Resource Valuation Group Inc. Involved in agronomic assessments, real estate studies and market analyses.
ConsAccount Manager/Agronomic Advisor, Sturgeon Valley Fertilizers Ltd. Responsible for evaluating and implementing crop plans with producers, including: crop rotations, herbicide use, variety selections, fertility products and practices, and manure management. uation Group Inc. Involved in agronomic assessments, real estate studies and market analyses.
Summer of 2007, 2008 and 2009:
Ammonia Coordinator, Sturgeon Valley Fertilizers Ltd. Served as the team lead within the ammonia department. Responsible for coordinating delivers of anhydrous ammonia to and from Sturgeon Valley Fertilizers.
Barn Manager, PerroMac Farms Ltd. Managed a 400 sow farrow to finish hog operation.
Carpentry Apprentice, Candour Construction Ltd. Assisted with various residential and commercial construction projects in the Greater Edmonton area.
Involved with family hog/grain farm, performing the daily operational duties and record keeping.
Real Property Assignments
- Assisted with market analyses involving major proposed pipeline replacement, researching transfer prices of lands through several rural municipalities in Alberta, Saskatchewan and Manitoba.
- Assisted with a market analysis involving a proposed pipeline right of way, researching transfer prices of lands adjacent to several major metropolitan areas.
- Assisted with market research relative to a roadway right of way for highway realignment; estimating compensation relative to various damages per the Alberta Expropriation Act.
- Assisted with a replacement cost analysis for a large hog operation for the purposes of insurance claim settlement.
- Completed an assessment of the viability and yield potential of an alfalfa hay stand in the Athabasca area for the purposes of a land dispute.
- Assisted in assessing crop losses with respect to seed potato production disturbed by a pipeline right of way in the proximity of the City of Edmonton/Fort Saskatchewan.
- Assisted in an assessment of forage crop losses as a result of the reactivation and expansion of a surface lease in north-eastern British Columbia.
- Assisted in assessing crop damages from of an air seeder malfunction on four separate farms in the Bashaw area for the purposes of insurance claim settlement.
- Assisted with the analysis of impacts on field operations and increased travel routing resulting from a highway right of way expropriation which resulted in severance of a field cropping farm in north-central Saskatchewan